Israel gives security forces ‘total freedom of movement’ after Tel Aviv attack
Friday – 7 Ramadan 1443 AH – 08 April 2022 AD
Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett (Reuters)
Tel Aviv: «Middle East Online»
Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett announced today (Friday) that he is giving security forces “full freedom of movement” to “eliminate terrorism”, after an attack by a Palestinian in downtown Tel Aviv, which resulted in two deaths.
Bennett said, in a press conference, in which he also addressed the citizens, along with Defense Minister Benny Gantz, “We give the Israeli army, the General Security Service and all the security forces, complete freedom of movement to eliminate terrorism.” He added, “This war will have no limits,” according to what was reported by Agence France-Presse.
A Palestinian from Jenin refugee camp, Raad Fathi Hazem, 29, opened fire around 21:00 (18:00 GMT) on Dizengoff Street, an artery in the center of the coastal city, killing two people and wounding about ten others, some of them seriously. The police and security services said, on Friday, that he had been eliminated.
“We are in a difficult and challenging period that may last,” Bennett said. He recalled that the second Palestinian Intifada “lasted for years, but we won in the end.”
“The wave of individual terrorism continued in 2015 for more than a year, and we paid the price for 50 victims who were killed for their crimes, but in the end we won,” he added. “This time too, we will win,” the Israeli Prime Minister stressed, stressing that “terrorist attacks without an organizational infrastructure pose a great challenge to the security system, but we will win.”
And he warned that “our enemies will look for every loophole and take advantage of every opportunity to strike us.”