There is still no permanent accommodation for residents who were displaced by the partial collapse of a building that took place on Thursday afternoon on Rua 31 de Janeiro, in downtown Porto.
“A more permanent solution is being evaluated by Social Security for all of them”, the Porto Chamber told JN, adding that, in the meantime, one more evicted person has been identified, now making a total of 15 people.
Of the 15 evicted, 11 were temporarily housed at the Hospedaria do Bonfim, with a couple with a child staying at a friend’s house in Gaia, advances the Municipality. The slightly injured man, who had been transported to the Santo António Hospital, “was discharged and forwarded to a social support institution”, he added.
The building in which the subsidence took place “remains prohibited, and a security perimeter has been established so that mitigation and debris removal work can take place without risk to people passing by on the street”, says the Chamber Press Office. .
Questioned by the JN, the Municipality ensures that the area in which the building in question is located “is not considered a high-risk area for a new collapse”.