Zelensky decided to make fun of the American comedian with a joke about how Russia is allegedly “fighting” against NATO.
In the special edition of the Netflix show “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction” with American comedian and host David Letterman, President Volodymyr Zelenskyi told an anecdote about Odesa Jews and the war with Russia.
The head of state noted that Ukrainians now have few reasons to smile, but a sense of humor helps not to go crazy from information about Russian atrocities. Therefore, he offered to tell a joke.
“Two Odessa Jews meet. One says to the other:
– How is the situation there? What do they say?
– Well, what do they say… They say that it’s a war.
– What kind of war?
— Russia is at war with NATO.
– Yes, war. Russia is fighting against NATO.
– And what are the results?
— 70 thousand Russian soldiers were killed. Missiles are running out. A lot of military equipment of the Russian Federation was destroyed and blown up.
– What about NATO?
– What about NATO? NATO hasn’t arrived yet.”