According to eyewitness reports, government buildings were attacked in Tehran.
Numerous Middle Eastern media sources on the night of January 29, 2023 are reporting that Israel launched a military operation against Iranbut so far nothing has been officially announced by the Israeli government or military.
A source for disseminating information about the start of a special military operation against Iran became a message in the Twitter microblogging service of the Al Arabia edition, but also to unnamed Israeli mass media.
At the same time, there are no reports of a military attack on Iran’s official sources either.
Meanwhile, social networks abound with reports of explosions in various cities of Iran, air raids, rebels, and airplane flights. There are also reports of explosions at military bases in Iran.
However, there is currently no detailed information about the events unfolding in the country, because Iran is a rather closed country.
We are waiting for official notifications from the authorities.
Later at night, a message appeared on the Telegram channels of an allegedly official statement by the Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu. “Tonight, we have decided to attack terrorist organizations. Our response will be strong, quick and precise. Whoever wants to harm us, we will harm him,” the prime minister said. However, later it turned out that this is not an official statement, but a message that was previously said and taken out of context during the last meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers.
We will remind you that earlier in Isfahan there was an explosion at the ammunition production facility of the Ministry of Defense of the country.
Meanwhile the Ministry of Defense of Iran confirmed the explosion at the ammunition factory due to a drone attack, but called the attack “unsuccessful”.
Also an oil refinery is on fire in Iran.