If you’re trying to make a light-hearted, a random decision maker can help you to more easily make an unbiased decision. It can save you time and prevent overthinking. Of course, they won’t be suitable for large, life-altering decisions–you’ll need to ponder over those, sorry!
In this article, we’ll show you five of the best free websites for different types of random decision makers.
A spinning wheel can help you simplify decision-making, and Wheel of Names is one of the best. Once you fill in the entries and spin it, it will select a random winner. You can use this in the classroom, WhatsApp groups, office, supermarket — anywhere.
Here’s how to use a spinning wheel on Wheel of Names:
- Go to Wheel of Names.
- Head over to the right of the spinning wheel and input your entries into the text box. You can also copy and paste them, as well as shuffle and sort them alphabetically.
- When done, click on the wheel or press Ctrl + Enter to begin spinning.
- A random winner will be selected and displayed when the wheel comes to rest.
- Click Close.
- Click Remove if you want to eliminate the last winner and repeat the spin.
- You can further customize the wheel with your own pictures, sounds, and other effects. To do so, click on Customize.
- Play around with the During Spin, After Spin, and Appearance settings. Click Ok when you’re done. Your custom settings will apply when next you spin the wheel.
- Click Save to save your custom wheel or Share to share it with your friends, family, or followers so they can also participate.
- You can view the results of all spins under the Results tab.
Wheel of Names can accommodate and display up to 1,000 names or entries and is available in 55 languages.
If you’ve already got the potential outcomes of a decision in mind, Random Decision Maker could be most suitable. The tool chooses a random selection from an inputted list of outcomes.
Here’s how to use Random Decision Maker:
- Go to Random Decision Maker.
- Enter your question in the space provided.
- Enter your responses into the spaces provided. Keep them less than 20 characters each and avoid nasty words.
- Click Choose for me.
- The result will be displayed on the next screen.
- If you want to change it, click on the Choose again button.
Random Decision Maker has been helping people make millions of random decisions since 2014. You can use it to create different types of decision makers for any occasion.
Making decisions isn’t always a complex process. Sometimes, it boils down to a simple yes or no. Still, as simple as it sounds, making a yes or no decision can be really difficult. If you need help making a yes or no decision, you can always try a yes or no decision maker. With a yes or no decision maker, you don’t need to write up a list of entries.
Let’s see how to choose between a yes or no answer using WheelDecide:
- Go to the WheelDecide Yes or No Wheel.
- You can either replay the question in your head or voice it out.
- Then, click on the Yes or No wheel.
- And voilà, you have your answer.
- You can repeat this process several times and compare how many yes’ vs. no’s you got, and go with the majority.
You can use this for different types of yes or no situations.
If you use hundreds of online services, getting unique usernames and passwords for each of them to prevent password recycling can quickly become a hassle. All decent password managers can suggest strong and unique password combinations, but they may not generate username suggestions.
For that, you’ll need a good username generator. Here’s how to use a simple username generator like SpinXO:
- Go to SpinXO. Here, you can also generate unique Instagram and YouTube names, gametags, nicknames, random names, contests, and more.
- Fill out the form under the Username Generator section.
- When done, click on the Spin button. It’ll generate around 30 random usernames will be generated.
- If you don’t like any of them, click the Spin button again until you get the perfect match.
- Click on the username you like to check for availability.
- On the Username Availability Check page, click on Check Availability. When it’s done checking, it will display a list of online services for which your chosen username is available.
You can also use SpinXO to generate human names in more than 27 languages.
As most of the decisions you’ll be making already have a set of outcomes, a tool that can pick from these often works best. EasyDecisionMaker is one of these, a tool that selects an outcome from a list of possibilities.
Here’s how to use the simple EasyDecisionMaker tool:
- Go to EasyDecisionMaker.
- Enter your question in the space provided.
- Go to Options and enter your responses.
- Click +Option to add even more responses.
- Click on Answer when done. The answer to your question will be highlighted in red.
- You can still choose to ask another random question or get another random answer. If so, click on the relevant button or link under the Ask again button.
EasyDecisionMaker is one of the simplest decision-making tools out there.
Create a Random Decision Maker Today
With these random decision-makers, you can more easily make up your mind when faced with multiple choice situations on a day-to-day basis. Not only are they handy and easy to use, but they’re also free and a little fun.
So, whether you’re making a light-hearted personal decision, trying to pick a random winner for a social media contest, or looking for the best baby name for your newborn, random decision-makers can be of help.
But what if you don’t want to use a tool? In that case, you could create your own random number generator in Google Sheets, assign a number to each outcome, and make decisions that way. It would be a little trickier, though.
Source: Make Use Of