AskFm is an interesting app with the potential to keep its users highly engaged. However, it can be a bit overwhelming for some people to make and watch so much content.
If you are looking to take a break from AskFm, deactivating your profile is the solution. Users can delete or deactivate their accounts on AskFm with a few simple steps. Once you do so, your profile is not visible to others.
We’ll guide you on how to delete or deactivate your AskFm account from different devices.
Deactivating or Deleting Your Account on AskFm
Below, we have explained how you can deactivate or delete your AskFm account from your mobile and desktop.
Deactivating or Deleting Your Account on iPhone
If you have an iOS device, here is how to deactivate your AskFm account:
- Open the AskFm app on your iPhone.
- Tap your profile picture in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings icon that looks like a gear to open a new menu.
- From there, choose Account.
- Tap Deactivate Account to temporarily close your account.
- Enter your password to continue.
- Select Deactivate, and your account will be logged out for as long as you want.
After deactivation, you will stop receiving notifications until you reactivate your account.
On the other hand, if you want to permanently delete your AskFm account:
- Open Ask.Fm Settings.
- Go to Account.
- Tap Leave AskFm.
- Enter your AskFm password and select Leave AskFm.
Your information will be completely removed from the AskFm app within 30 days. To reverse your decision, simply log back in before the 30 days are over.
Deleting an account permanently makes sense when you are ready to quit AskFm forever. It can be due to any reason, like boredom, lack of interest, or security concerns.
Deactivating Your AskFm Account on Android
Apart from several other differences between iOS and Android phones, the user interface of AskFm is also different on both devices. You have to go through different steps to deactivate your account on an Android device.
- Open your AskFm account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Next, select Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Deactivate Account.
- Tap Current Password to enter your account password.
- Once done, select the Deactivate Account button to close your account.
Unlike iOS users, Android users do not get the option to permanently delete their AskFm account from the app. You can open your account from a mobile browser and then delete it via the account deletion page.
Deactivating and Deleting Your Account on the Web
AskFm is also available to users on desktops. To deactivate your AskFm account via desktop:
- Go to the AskFm website on your browser. After logging in, you will be navigated to the Home page.
- Click your username to open your Profile.
- Tap the three dots located next to your AskFm online status.
- Select Settings.
- Click the Account tab.
- Select Deactivate Account.
- Enter your current AskFm password to proceed with the deactivation process.
- Click the Deactivate Account button, and your account will be deactivated.
Upon starting your journey with the AskFm app, you will realize the desktop version comes with some limitations. There isn’t any option to delete your AskFm account from the settings on the desktop version, but you can cancel your account with the account deletion page. Simply enter your password and press Leave AskFm.
Deleting vs. Deactivating Your AskFm Account
Users can deactivate their AskFm account from their mobile app or desktop. There is no time limit to how long you can keep it deactivated. Also, there is no restraint on how often you deactivate your AskFm account.
A deactivated account becomes invisible to other followers. You won’t receive any questions from other users because they won’t be able to find you on the app.
Users can reactivate their AskFm account just by entering their email address and password. Since your data will be available on the app, we recommend choosing a strong password to ensure privacy and security.
Take a Break From AskFm
AskFm can be compelling, especially if you have an engaging profile. But sometimes users need a break from their account.
You can deactivate your account using iOS, Android, and desktop versions of AskFm. Remember, deactivating is a temporary solution, and your information is still saved on the AskFm app.
Source: Make Use Of